Thursday, February 12, 2009

How to have a job by feb. 28!

"I moved back up to Ohio without having a job lined up, and three weeks later I was working at my own desk, making money."


How I did it: Well, I did tell some people that I was looking for work to spread the word around. I went to one of my old places of employment and told them I was back. Then, I went on Craig's List and looked up administrative, design, writing, and computer jobs. The first job I replied about, though, was the one I ended up getting an interview for, and I was working for them 7 days later. It was unreal, but it made me realize that I just needed to get in there and start looking and make it happen. Noone else is going to make it happen for me.


Lessons & tips: Do the same. Grab your life by the cojones and take it where you want it to go.


Resources: craigslist.com


It took me 3 weeks.


It made me sane

No comments:

oldbooks

oldbooks
Books