Friday, May 06, 2005

Epicaricacy

Apparently, and this is a new discovery for me... really... there are people out there who take pleasure in watching other people fail, lose, and experience suffering, loss, and misfortune. These types of people... hmmm.... I suppose that they are masters of inner contentment. They are truly happy inside. They must be happy, for why else would they smile and laugh upon hearing of the unfortunate circumstances of their "enemies"?

Anyway... I tried to find a word or several words to describe the act of expressing pleasure in another's shortcomings and misfortunes, and this word, "epicaricacy" is the only one I could find on the web.

Epicaricacy: Information From Answers.com

If anyone is reading this and knows of a word to express this, then I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the word in a comment to my email.

Thanks.

docrivs

No comments:

oldbooks

oldbooks
Books