Sunday, May 15, 2005

Thank you for the comment

Well, I see that if you post something like a riddle or an invitation for a hunt or search or ask for assistance on a website, that someone will respond. Thank you for the article about John Portmann's book about "Schadenfreude". I appreciated that, and did find it interesting that someone wrote a book about enjoying the misfortunes of others. It seems to me that many writers have included that kind of behavioral characteristic in characters in their novels and screenplays, but few people I know claim to know the word for it. It's a good word. Although there are a hundred books on my "to read" list I do believe that I'd enjoy reading about Schadenfreude. Anyway, that's it for tonight.

--
"Only YOU can prevent forest fires." -- Sum Dum Bear

No comments:

oldbooks

oldbooks
Books