Friday, September 22, 2006

My Career Plans

I am working hard to follow the path to a career in the Enterprise-level Information Technology Industry. I’ve picked up a lot of skills from tinkering with the computers and computer-related devices I’ve owned since I received an Apple IIc for Christmas in 1984. I’ve done tons of reading. I’ve picked the brains of all the nerds and geeks I could find. I’ve taken a college course or two in Computer & Information Technology. I’m currently pursuing professional I.T. certifications, with my sights set on the MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. However, all that I’ve earned so far is CompTIA’s Network+, and I am soon to earn my A+. I earned a BA in Anthropology 8 years ago and added a two-year Certificate in Business Communications to that almost 6 years ago. I’ve worked in Business Administration for a while and now I am working as an independent contractor in the State Government, Insurance, Workplace Safety, and I.T. Industries. When I learned about RFID technology, the concepts of Supply Chain Management and Supply Chain Visibility, and the growing development of the Outsourced I.T. Industries, I grew more and more interested in the role of Information Technology Services and Infrastructure in the Global Logistics Industry. Now, as I continue training, developing my marketable skills and talents, earning certifications, and working towards my larger goals, I am pursuing work in related fields and positions that will help me accomplish my goals. A position as an Enterprise-Level Network Administrator would be ideal for me, but I am also pursuing Enterprise-Level Network Technician positions. Once I find a way into the Global Logistics Industry I will think that a great hurdle has been crossed. That is my first goal I’ve shared on this site, and I plan to see it realized. Thanks for reading.

- docrivs

No comments:

oldbooks

oldbooks
Books