Sunday, September 03, 2006

"You get what you put in... and people get what they deserve!"

Have you heard the song, "Only God Knows Why", by Kid Rock?

There is a line in the song that, in the dialect of Kid Rock, speaks about karma and the life perspective that is based on the idea that what comes around, goes around.

Well, I'm a believer in that idea. We may not fully understand how it works, and we may never fully understand why bad guys still seem to win and good guys sometimes don't stand a chance, but if you look deep enough into it, then you will see that this idea is worth considering.

I have experienced many situations and events that reaffirmed my belief that everything you do comes back to you, and I do want to share them, so I will.

Right now, however, I want to draw attention to the story of a friend of mine named Ryan.

Ryan is trying to do something with his life that seems really cool to me. It's called Aimless, and it is a movie idea that will set him travelling across the U.S., meeting with, talking with, interviewing with, and sharing with the people who live in America. The catch is that he is going to undertake this trip with no cash.

Ryan had planned to start this project by asking for funding from sponsors. He wanted to purchase equipment that he would use to document the trip.

So far, there have been few businesses who have responded to his extensive e-marketing campaign, in which he has sent thousands of emails to businesses of all kinds, all over the U.S. over the past year.

Rejection is to be expected. Frustration is inevitable. However, I support Ryan in his undertakings, and I would like to point you to a blog entry where he describes his new directions.

I think that he's on the right track!

No comments:

oldbooks

oldbooks
Books