Thursday, October 05, 2006

New Life

I'm officially a condo owner/resident!

It's not all cheers and smiles, though. :( It would be a much happier move if it weren't part of the process of separating from my wife and her two children.

However, as it is probably a good thing that my wife and I are taking some time to be apart, I am looking forward to the possibilities that the future holds in my new life. In this case, I made a series of life-changing decisions without giving myself enough time to ask the right questions and think through it all.

There's some good in making decisions from the heart. There's some good in listening to your mind. However, when your mind is telling you that things aren't adding up, and you choose to ignore those things rather than look them closely in the eye, then you aren't thinking through it all. There are times when it is better to go with your heart than with your mind, but in this case, my wife and I both went with what our minds were telling us.

Life in downtown Columbus is rather thrilling and exciting. We're going through a revitalization movement here, and there is all kinds of commercial and residential projects developing in this area. There is a great new grocery store in the Brewery District. There are many restaurants, clubs, and bars in German Village. There is also a large, well-stocked, independently owned bookstore in that area. The City Center mall is due for some revitalizing. The library is one of the best I've ever visited, and it's a great place to borrow CDs and DVDs, in addition to books. There are at least three well-known colleges downtown. The Arena District, the Short North District, and the cities of Bexley and Grandview are all nearby. This is a walking area, and I think I'll be able to walk or ride my bike everywhere and save gas. I'm also within walking distance to work, which is really convenient for me, so long as I am working at the same place or in this area.

So, this is a new direction in my life.

No comments:

oldbooks

oldbooks
Books